CNHS Media

The Student News Site of Columbus North High School

CNHS Media

CNHS Media

Follow Us on Twitter

Movie Review: The Cutting Edge 2: Going For Gold

Sometimes you are just in the mood for a really good chick flick, at least I am. I recently watched The Cutting Edge 2: Going For Gold and was not disappointed. In this movie, Jackie has to overcome an injury but won’t be the single Olympic gold medalist that she always dreamed of being. This movie isn’t a box of tissues movie, some scenes a tissue might be needed, but a whole box isn’t necessary. Most people would think this because this is the second movie in the Cutting Edge Movies that you would need to watch the first one, but this movie is a stand alone. The Cutting Edge 2 has its own storyline. Jackie isn’t hidden in the shadow of her Olympic gold medalist parents. She makes her own success and failures.

Most sporting chick flicks only show the athletes on the field, or in this case the ice. With the love still being evident at home and on the ice it shows the real emotions. Athletes aren’t these rigid, tunnel minded beings. They can love just as easily as everyone else; this movie shows it beautifully.

The Cutting Edge 2: Going For Gold is bound to be as big of a hit as the original. This movie is great for clean family fun. If you are looking for a movie appropriate to watch with the family and still have fun, this is an excellent option.