CNHS Media

The Student News Site of Columbus North High School

CNHS Media

CNHS Media

Follow Us on Twitter

Weird Laws in the USA

Weird Laws in the USA

There are many weird laws in the United States that a lot of people don’t know.

Did you know that in Alabama it’s strictly illegal to have stink bombs, confetti, or silly string? No partying in Alabama apparently.

In Alaska, it is illegal to be drunk in a bar. And if you are already drunk you can’t enter a bar to drink more and police actually enforce it…weird right?

In Arizona, it is illegal to spit “in or on” any public building, park, sidewalk, or road. You can be charged a fine up to $2,500 and six months in prison. Arizona likes their streets to be squeaky clean.

In Connecticut they are all about their pickles…so much that they can not sell a pickle that does not bounce…oh wait I’m sorry, yeah no, I meant to bounce. They claim that a real pickle should bounce when dropped from the height of one foot. If it doesn’t, FAKE.

In Delaware they are all about safety, to prevent any mischievous children in the city of Rehoboth Beach may only go trick or treating between the hours of 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Halloween and if it falls on a Sunday well you’re celebrating Halloween on October 30th, sorry.

You’ve heard the phrase “finger-lickin good”, right? Well in Georgia they take that phrase really serious and it’s not a suggestion, it is mandatory. In 1961 a law was added that is illegal to eat fried chicken with anything other than your fingers. In 2009 a tourist was “arrested” for using a fork. If you don’t like eating with your fingers, please wait until you get home to eat your fried chicken or move.