CNHS Media

The Student News Site of Columbus North High School

CNHS Media

CNHS Media

Follow Us on Twitter

Yes! Fest

Purpose?-The festival has several purposes – it’s a great opportunity to showcase amazing films from around the country, brings filmmakers and tourists to our beautiful community and raise funds for programming at Lincoln-Central Neighborhood Family Center. Some of the previously featured films have gone on to win Oscars… are by world-renowned filmmakers… and have important messages for our society. Filmmakers and guests travel from all corners of the United States to participate in and view the films. Additionally, as it is for all YES Cinema profits, funds raised from the film festival support the approximately 30 programs provided in collaboration through LCNFC.

Who created it?-Our Executive Director, Randy Allman, came up with the idea as a way to highlight wonderful films. Then, Columbus-native and filmmaker, Diane Danner Mason, contacted us from her home in Florida and said she would be willing to co-chair the festival. Diane brings an expertise on festivals and an eye for films. She and her team scout films at festivals around the world and usually review over 100 films to come up with our program.

What do the people of columbus think about it?-The guests LOVE the festival! Some people even plan vacations around the film festival because they don’t want to miss it. People love the chance to see lots of movies back-to-back and meet the outstanding filmmakers who have produced the films.

How long has it been going on?- It has been going for about 8 years, it it actually the 8th festival.