Fall Food DIYs
Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Icing
- 1 cup (125 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup (85 grams) pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup (65 grams) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) milk
- 1 egg , room temperature
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 6-count donut pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the pumpkin, brown sugar, milk, egg, butter, and vanilla extract until fully combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pipe or spoon the batter evenly between all 6 donut cavities. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the donuts comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove the donuts from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix together the powdered sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup, and milk until well combined. If the glaze is a little too thick, add a splash of milk to thin it out.
- Dip the tops of each cooled donut into the glaze and transfer back to the wire rack to let the glaze harden for about 10-15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Pumpkin Patch Dirt Cups
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 2 packages Oreos
- 1 package of green sour straw candy
- 1 package pumpkin candies
- Make the pudding by following directions on the box (whisk together pudding mix and 3 cups cold milk).
- Use a food processor to crush the Oreos until smooth.
- Layer the Oreos and chocolate pudding in a clear cup. (Oreos, pudding, Oreos, pudding, and top with Oreos)
- Top with a Green Sour Straw candy cut in half (the pumpkin vine) and three pumpkin candies.
- Serve with a spoon!
- 1 bag of Pretzels twists
- 1/2 bag of white chocolate chips
- edible fondant eyes
- Melt white chocolate in microwave until creamy
- Dip each pretzel in chocolate
- Add eyes while the chocolate is melted
- Allow to cool