CNHS Media

The Student News Site of Columbus North High School

CNHS Media

CNHS Media

Follow Us on Twitter

Claire Thompson Wins Mental Attitude Award

Claire Thompson had a special ending to her gymnastics career at Columbus North. Even with North coming in 3rd place with a final score of 110.4, there was an even more memorable experience for senior Claire Thompson. She was awarded the IHSAA’s Mildred M. Ball Mental Attitude Award.

“I was surprised I had forgotten about the award because they decide at the meet who the winner,” Thompson said. “ When they called my name it was amazing considering I knew I hadn’t  won any events yet”. To make the award even more special Thompson was the third bulldog in a row to be be given this award.

“ Both my teammates from past years have won it so that made it even more special” She also tied with Columbus Easts Adi Minor for second place for all around with a score of 38.15.

“It was crazy she knew beforehand that we had tied.” Thompson said “We have been doing gymnastics since I can remember” It was Thompson’s last meet for her gymnastics career. She will not be doing gymnastics in college. For it being her last meet it was one to remember.

“It wasn’t my best meet but I hit all 4 of my event without falling which is great especially being my senior year and my last meet. There were definitely things that I could have fixed,”  Thompson said “Definitely a solid meet to end on.”