CNHS Media

The Student News Site of Columbus North High School

CNHS Media

CNHS Media

Follow Us on Twitter

Girls Tennis Team to Play Last Home Match Against Silver Creek HS

As the season is approaching its end, the CNHS women’s tennis players are working harder than ever to do the best they can in the final matches they have before they play in sectionals, which takes place on Wednesday May 17.

All the players have been practicing really hard to improve themselves and bring the team closer and closer to victories. For some, like sophomore Shweta Srinivasan, they have specific goals and things that they’ve been wanting to improve.

“What I’ve been doing is working on my first serve a lot and increasing that percentage of first serves. Also, working on getting my cross-court shots to avoid giving it to the net player and also working on being the aggressor,” sophomore Shweta Srinivasan said.

At this Saturday match, Srinivasan and other tennis players will put to use all the hard work and practice they’ve been doing to improve, but also they will be able to use this match as a way to accomplish any goals they have for the season.

“What I want to accomplish this Saturday is to win the match and I just want to go out there and play solid, get all of my first serves in, hopefully, and try to avoid making unforced errors, and giving away free points,” said Srinivasan.

By accomplishing all of these goals, Shweta and her teammates will be getting closer to improving themselves to be able to play their best at sectionals. For Shweta, she is focusing her energy in doing her best this upcoming match as a way to win at sectionals.

“To prepare for sectionals I’m going to use this match to practice hitting cross court for the most part and avoid giving it to the net player and also work on being the aggressor because in our sectionals we do have East and in that match I know we’re going to have to be the aggressor and put away volleys and finish the point in order to win,” said Srinivasan.

The Lady Bull Dogs will take on The Silver Creek Dragons on May 13th at 10:00 a.m. at a home.