CNHS Media

The Student News Site of Columbus North High School

CNHS Media

CNHS Media

Follow Us on Twitter

Serves up

Serves+up

After a summer full of early morning conditioning and late night practices, the volleyball team is ready to kick off the season with a home match against Shelbyville, on Aug. 18 at 6:00 p.m.

“Everyday we are practicing. Everyday we are working on things to correct,” captain senior Hannah Weaver said. “Just really focusing on [Shelbyville’s] tendencies and what they do best and what we do best.”

After the preseason scrimmage on Aug. 11, the Bull Dogs are hoping for a successful season.

“I do think we will have a great season,” Weaver said. “I think if we improve on our errors and get passed our rough start and start off games strong we will have a great season.”

The beginning of the Bull Dogs’ scrimmage was rough, but Coach Kathy Cox is enthusiastic about the season to come as well as the upcoming game against Shelbyville.

“It’s always the first game of the season that is hard to predict,” Coach Cox said. “I think it will take a game or two to come together and play really good.”

There is preparation going into the game against Shelbyville and Coach Cox is excited to see how the game turns out. Shelbyville has not had a freshman volleyball team for two seasons and Coach Cox was debating about how that will affect the game.

“It’s kind of up in the air. It seemed to me that Shelbyville’s jv team struggled last year,” Coach Cox said.”I’m very excited to see the jv and varsity teams play.”